Beverages don’t always come to mind when thinking about sustainability, but if you’re keen to keep a lid on waste and reduce environmental impacts, there are a few options open to you. While Harvest has many sustainable practices in place already, it’s good to keep the following in mind when planning your wedding.
• Make sure the glassware you use is re-usable, that means no single-use plastics and make sure the bottles can be recycled. If serving cocktails and soft drinks, consider using glass or bio straws
• Ensure any detergents you supply, such as hand washes and dishwashing liquids are organic and eco-friendly
• For cocktails, be sure to choose pesticide-free citrus and organic garnishes and herbs or use homemade elixirs and tonics
• Support local artisans, breweries and winemakers, in our area, we recommend Brookies, Jilly Wine, Lord Byron Distillery, Stone & Wood and Husk
• Choose beverage packages with lo-fi biodynamic wine and Australian wine lists, which supports and explores small wine makers and lesser-known varietals. The focus is on passionate and innovative vineyard practices, which produce wines using techniques like organic and biodynamic farming, minimal intervention, chemical and sulphur-free, and minimal refining and filtering
• Be mindful when ordering drinks, and try not to over-order